|84' Steel Fire Detection Tower to Removed - Knapp Tower
- ADDRESS: W3950 McKenna Rd., Knapp, WI
- DESCRIPTION: 84 foot tall steel forest fire detection tower, including cab with steel roof. Base of tower is approx. 25 ft x 25 ft. on concrete footings. Cab is accessed via a foot ladder. Tower was constructed in the late 1930’s. Steel is in good condition. New cab installed via helicopter in 2008. -- Click here for Asbestos Report
- ACCESS: Tower is located approx. ˝ mile east of Potter Rd on the south side of Tower Rd. in the town of Knapp. Access is by foot trail to the top of Knapp Mound. -- Click here for Topographical Map
- FINAL SITE CONDITION: Concrete footings for the tower will be removed 2 feet below ground level with resulting holes backfilled. The access road and tower site will be restored to pre-project conditions. Tear down structure and moving and transporting of materials will be done by the successful bidder within 90 days of the winning bid date. Some cutting of trees and brush, as agreed to with Department and property owner permission, to facilitate removal of the fire tower, may be allowed. All debris and solid waste caused or generated by the removal of the structure shall be disposed of in a manner that is satisfactory to the Department and landowner. Items not included: Trees and brush or other forest products, including firewood, unless approved in writing by the landowner.
- REMOVAL DEADLINE: 90 days after confirmation of successful winning bid. Work beyond this timeframe may be approved in writing only if agreed to by both the Department and the landowner.
- REQUIREMENTS: Independent contractor readily equipped with tools and equipment, including personal protective equipment, to safely remove steel structure fire tower and restore site. Contractor must meet terms and conditions as specified in awarded bid agreement. Liability Insurance: The winning bidder shall procure and shall maintain during the life of this contract the following insurance: Contractor’s Public Liability Insurance in the amount of not less than $250,000 for injuries, including accidental death, to any one person, and subject to the same limit for each person, in an amount not less than $500,000 on account of one accident; Contractor’s Property Damage Insurance in the amount of not less than $100,000 or a combined single limit of at least $500,000. Comprehensive Automobile Liability Insurance for limits of not less than: bodily injury $250,000/$500,000; property damage $100,000 or a combined single limit of at least $500,000. The insurance provided under this article shall provide the indicated coverage for the Contractor and his/her subcontractors. This policy shall also include additional named insured parties, specifically, 1) the State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and its employees; and 2.) Jackson County and its employees. The winning bidder shall furnish the DNR with a certificate of insurance listing the additional insureds prior to commencing work. Additional Fees/Types: $1000.00 performance bond or cash deposit in the form of a guaranteed payment (Cash, Guaranteed Check or Wire Transfer), to be remitted to Wisconsin Surplus. The bond shall be released upon satisfactory inspection of the site by the Department after removal of the tower. -- Click here for Insurance Requirements -- Click here for Bid Conditions
- TERMS: The access road and tower site will be restored to pre-project conditions. Any road improvements are the responsibility of the contractor including but not limited to grading, filling, and brushing. Road conditions may limit the timeframe of access by equipment into the tower site. If conditions deteriorate to an unacceptable amount as determined by the Department and the landowner, the work will cease until such time road conditions improve. Oak is the dominant species present on the ridges and slopes up to the tower. Oak wilt restrictions will be in place.
- CONDITION: AS IS – TO BE REMOVED
- CONTACT: Megan Mickelson at (608) 633-5722 / Chris Semann at (608) 372-2811 or email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - Call/Email with questions and to schedule inspections.
- Click on Photo or Item # for full Details